Traffic Injury Map (TIM v1.0)
Traffic Injury Map (TIM) is a free online mapping service to anyone who is interested in finding out the road traffic injury locations in their neighbourhood and other areas.
Please note the following important information about the datasets,
- Data for only areas in UK and USA (partial coverage of USA due to data unavailability) are currently available.
- Only injuries within a 3 KM radius around the center of the map are shown.
- All injuries took place in 2007, 2009 and 2011 (2009,2011 data only available for UK).
- A Pedal Cyclist is labelled as a Driver.
- Passenger injuries are currently not included due to availability of only modest disk space, and to add emphasis on injury location rather than injury count.
- Age Groups: Children=Person under 16 yrs, Adult=Person between 16-59 yrs, Older=60+ yrs.
First of all, please make sure that your web browser is capable of loading google maps. Visit maps.google.com to do this check. Now, there are four simple steps involved in searching and plotting the injuries, namely
- Search and position the map to an area that you are interested in. You could either,
- Simply drag the map around and zoom-in/out.
- Search for the locality using the Google search bar located at the bottom-left corner of the map (Click on the magnifying glass icon on the search bar to reveal the box to fill in the location information such as Post Code, City Name etc.).
- Select the Country to which the chosen area belongs to.
- Choose the type of injuries that you would like to plot on the map.
- Finally, click the button Plot Injuries and please wait until a dialog box appears indicating the completion of the plotting. The time to plot depends upon the load on the web site and the number of injuries that are within the search radius.
Click on the markers to see a little more detail about the type of injury.
Share this page with others using:
No information about the search is stored except while during the database query to plot the injuries.
Disclaimer and Conditions
Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy, privacy, sensitivity and copyright protection. Please do get in touch if you spot any inconsistency or scope for improvements. By using the web site, you are agreeing that road-injuries.info and its related parties will not be responsible of any kind of loss that may result as a consequence of the information available on the road-injuries.info. Please be aware that a commercial exploitation of the information from the web site may be considered illegal by the data providers of the web site. Hence, it is strongly advised to consult UK Data Archive, Google Inc. and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, prior to any such use.